Morvah is located on the north coast of the south-west ‘toe’ of Cornwall, between Zennor and Pendeen. There is evidence of a settlement in this area dating back to the early Middle Ages. As with most towns and villages in the area, in early 1800s copper mines were opened and there is still some evidence of these today.
The Parish church dedicated to St Bridget, still has its original medieval tower although the nave and chancel were rebuilt in 1828. Several Grenfell related baptisms were recorded at Morvah between 1840-1893.