New Grenfell Logo shadow with text - final
Close this search box.


Having been a part of the parish of St Hilary, in 1813, the town of Marazion and the island of St Michael’s Mount became a separate parish in its own right. The town was generally inhabited by tradespeople, fishermen and other men of the sea, who undertook coastal trading in the area.

Several Grenfell Baptisms (1760 – 1786) and a Burial (1844)  are recorded in the Parish records as well as an 1841 Tithe Apportionment listing several Grenfell land lessees, owners and occupiers. In addition, a gravestone marking the burial of William Grenfell d.1844 can be found in Marazion.

Further information about Marazion can be found on the relevant pages of Cornwall Online Parish Clerks website and the Genuki page dedicated to Marazion.

An Illustration of the Old Chapel at Marazion
The Old Chapel Marazion
Marazion Chruch
Marazion Church
Fore Street Marazion
Fore Street, Marazion
Verified by MonsterInsights