The village of Paul is situated south of Newlyn (near Penzance), and is closely associated with the fishing port of Mousehole. Much of its myth and history is connected to the parish church, St Pol de Léon’s Church (Paul Parish Church) which is claimed (unsubstantiated) to have been founded in 490 by the Welsh saint, Paul Aurelian. There is no evidence to suggest that the saint ever came to to West Penwith.
The graveyard also contains three monumental inscriptions for the following Grenfells:
- Catherine Grenfell d.1880; William Grenfell d.1913; James Grenfell d.1913
- Abednego H Grenfell d.1969
- Martin Grenfell d.1851; Johanna Grenfell d.1850; Mary Grenfell d.1841