Towednak is a small village just south west of St Ives in Cornwall. There may have been a settlement here as far back as the late Iron Age which is evidenced by a gold hoard found in an ancient stone wall in 1931.
The parish church, dedicated to St Tewennocus, was built in the 13th century with additions in the 15th century. It is noted for its squat tower constructed with granite and lacking any ornamentation unlike any other church in the district.
The parish records list five Grenfell Marriages between 1828-1884.